Throbbing tooth pain that comes and goes eventually, might be due to swelling around the teeth, infection of an abscess or swollen lymph nodes. The swelling around the tooth may be due to gum disease, infection in gums, inflammation in pulp due to cracks in the teeth and in another scenario throbbing tooth pain after filling is possible. To remove the infection, inflammation in pulp or gum disease our nerves system sends signals to the brain and after that, we feel throbbing tooth pain that comes and goes with time.
What causes of throbbing pain?
First of all let we understand about our nervous system, When we touch something hot or cold or we do something harmful our nervous system sends a signal to our brain. And the same condition of pain is happened, to protect via something harmful. So it will be easy to understand that when your tooth wants to fix something throbbing tooth pain will be happened.
Throbbing tooth pain that comes and goes
Throbbing tooth pain may be due to any of these reasons listed below-
1. INFECTION OF THE GUMS:- There is some infection surrounds and secures teeth of gum tissues which is a major cause of total degradation of gums or tooth loss. gums lose their grip on the teeth and recede caused by bacteria, which create gaps and pockets. after that bacteria fill these pockets which is vulnerable to tooth decay.
2. INFLAMMATION IN THE CENTER OF THE TOOTH:- When tooth’s middle part is inflamed or irritated this condition occurs. This irritation leads to an accumulation of pressure inside the tooth and puts a strain on the gums and surrounding tissues.
3. CRACKED AND CHIPPED TEETH:- These are small cracks and fractures, which may be caused by general wear and tear or by biting down hard or a tough object. These cracked and chip teeth can also be a reason behind the throbbing tooth pain that comes and goes. This kind of throbbing pain in tooth only be seen as a dull pain when biting or chewing something.
4. BROKEN CROWN OR FILLINGS:- Sometime when we use our teeth to cut something hard our teeth crown may break down and it could be another issue that we call throbbing pain after filling.
5. TOOTH DECAY:- Generally, We call it Cavity, When plaque eats outer part of teeth then tooth may decay. A infected tooth can spread the infection to nearby teeth. Cavity also releases enamel-dissolving acid which causes more and more damage to tooth. As it continues to spread inward you feel intense throbbing pain And as plaque hits nerve, it causes throbbing jaw pain and sharp pain in tooth.
Why I’m having throbbing tooth pain after crown?
If you had any crown treatment like root canal or any other and if the crown was not fitted properly then it can produce throbbing tooth pain after crown. On the other hand if during root canal process doctor fitted the crown without removing the pulp from tooth, then your tooth will still contain the sensitive nerve and can cause throbbing tooth pain that comes and goes after crown.
At night time the intensity of throbbing jaw pain may be high because of there is less distraction during night time then day . At the time of day, we are absorbed by daily working activity so we do not feel much pain but toothache at night is like nightmare.
Leave a Reply